iSearch PHP Site Search Engine - Quick Installation
- Unzip the zip file to your hard disc. The following files should be included:
|isearch2/admin ||iSearch2 Configuration and Administation|
|isearch2/help ||Help files|
|isearch2/inc ||Included files|
|isearch2/inc/header.inc.php||File included before iSearch results are displayed.|
|isearch2/inc/footer.inc.php||File included after iSearch results are displayed.|
|isearch2/lang ||Language files.|
|isearch2/style ||Style files.|
|isearch2/index.php ||Main search page.|
|isearch2/sitemap.php ||Displays site map.|
|isearch2/stats.php ||Displays search statistics.|
|isearch2/viewcache.php ||Displays the contents of the page cache.|
- Open the isearch2/inc/config.inc.php file in a text editor and
change the variables as required for your installation. You must edit the
"BASIC CONFIGURATION OPTIONS" section, but you can probably ignore the
"ADVANCED CONFIGURATION OPTIONS". You'll need to have your MySQL database
details to hand for this.
- Upload all the files to a directory called isearch2 in the root directory of
- Fire up your web browser and browse to http://www.yoursite.com/isearch2/admin.
Login using the admin password stored in the isearch2/inc/config.inc.php file.
- Enter your email address and homepage URL. The rest of the configuration
options can be left as they are for now.
- Click the "Spider" button and wait until your site has been spidered.
- Once you have configured iSearch and spidered your site, browse to
http://www.yoursite.com/isearch2 and try it out.
This site is hosted by Z-Host. For low cost PHP web hosting visit Z-Host.com. Web hosting plans start at just $20 PER YEAR.